Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kataphract WiP

Work proceedes slowly, but progresses. Painted three of the horses with a basecoat of Khemri Brown and am going to try a highlight of bleached bone. Not sure if it's quite what I had in mind, but I wanted to make them distinct from my other horses. Something I've noticed about Khemri Brown, or at least this particular pot, is that it seems quite "goopy", or thick, and that it seems to dry into an almost pebble like texture if I leave it sit on my brush. Maybe it's just a paint that really needs thinning, but it's a little annoying. Oh well. I am thinking of doing the other three horses in a basecoat of Calthan Brown with a Snakebite Leather highlight, but we shall see. I think once the horses are done the pace will pick up a bit, as I like painting warriors/humanoids better than animals for whatever reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment