Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Upcoming Events

Apologize for the lack of posts the last few weeks, been taking a short break (fairly frequent after a large battle/lots of painting). Working on getting our next battle set up, hopefully for the coming weekend, but we shall see. In a slight break from "the usual", we are planning on playing the Fall of the Necromancer campaign from the sourcebook of the same name in honor of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Fun movie too, by the way. I've got most of the primary models painted that are listed in the books scenario army lists, though I do have some more work to do. For the first few scenarios though, I think I'm all set. May need to work on some more woodland terrain though for all the Mirkwood action.
I have made some progress, I've been slowly painting my Moria Goblin Prowlers, got them about half done. Hopefully have them finished soon and I will post pics.
On a somewhat related note, it is nice to see High-Elves finally getting some cavalry options (GW Advance Orders) and the Grim Hammers look very nice in my opinion. The main turn off for me for the Knights of Rivendell is the price. I really want a box (two would be even better) but $50 just seems like it's gettign a bit outrageous. I'm lucky in that I've got a $25 gift card to a hobby store down in Kzoo, I'll probably see if they can order me a box. As I mentioned, I think the Grim Hammers look pretty cool, though the price still smarts a bit. I can see paying a bit more for 12 unique poses, but the memory of 24 models for $27 is still to recent I think. In any event when finances allow I would like to get a box or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment